Amended Biological Industries RfP and Gazette Notice now available
The Supplement to the New Zealand Gazette, dated 6 December 2013, No 163 (Gazette Notice) and the Biological Industries Request for Proposals (RfP) , issued on 7 December 2013 have both been amended to reflect changes following the release of the Government’s response to the Inquiry into the Whey Protein Concentrate Contamination Incident.
In the amended version of the both the Gazette Notice and the Biological Industries RfP [PDF; 707kB], Investment Priority 2 (Protection and risk management) has been removed, along with the associated funding.
This means that the amount of funding available for Biological Industries in the 2014 round is now up to $3.3 million per annum through the following investment mechanisms:
- up to $3.0 million per annum for Enabling Technologies
- up to $0.5 million per annum for Targeted Research.
If you have any questions, or need further information, please contact email@example.com.
Important information regarding the Environmental Research Fund RfP
It has come to our attention that there are differences in the indicative funding amounts and timeframes in the Environmental RfP released in December 2013 and the Supplement to Gazette Notice no.163 dated 6 December 2013 (Gazette Notice) for investment priority two: Antarctic terrestrial research.
The Science Board assess proposals against the criteria in the Gazette Notice in accordance with the Research, Science, and Technology Act 2010.
This means that, as stated in the Gazette Notice, the Antarctic Data Analysis question has indicative funding of $0.4 million per year for up to four years or in exceptional cases up to six years. The Dry Valley Antarctic question has indicative funding of $0.7 million per annum for two years or in exceptional cases up to four years.
We apologise for this error and any inconvenience that it causes you in the preparation of your proposal.
Now inviting proposals for all investment mechanisms
MBIE’s Science, Skills and Innovation Group is now inviting proposals via the MBIE Portal for applications for all investment mechanisms.
- High Value Manufacturing and Services [PDF; 687kB]
- Biological Industries (Amended 17 Feb 2014) ) [PDF; 707kB]
- Energy and Minerals [PDF; 632kB]
- Environmental [PDF; 629kB]
- Health & Society Research [PDF; 629kB]
- RfP for Smart Ideas [PDF; 701kB]
The Request for Proposals for Smart Ideas Phase 1 has now closed. Proposals for Smart Ideas Phase 2 are due by 12pm (noon) on 23 April 2014.
Proposals for Targeted Research and Enabling Technologies have the following due dates:
- Environmental; Health and Society due 8 April, 12pm, noon
- Biological Industries due 9 April, 12pm, noon
- Energy and Minerals; High-Value Manufacturing and Services due 10 April, 12pm noon
All proposals must be submitted through the MBIE Portal.
If you have not applied for funding through the Portal before, you need to register and receive a user name and password. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Funding for Smart Ideas in the 2014 science investment round gazette notice
- Priorities for the 2014 science investment round gazette notice
Questions about the 2014 contestable science investment round can be sent to email@example.com.