Science and Innovation Minister Steven Joyce has announced the results of the 2014 Science Investment Round.
The Government will invest $139 million (excl. GST) in 48 research programmes. The new research contracts will take effect from 1 October this year and will run for between two and six years.
The research programmes that have received funding are listed by fund:
- Biological Industries Research Fund
- Energy and Minerals Research Fund
- Health and Society Research Fund
- High Value Manufacturing and Services Research Fund
- Environmental Research Fund
No investment process was held for the Hazards and Infrastructure Research Fund as no new funds were available for investment in 2014.
MBIE is currently making plans for the 2015 investment round and will advise the sector shortly. Keep up-to-date with the latest information about the 2015 science investment round by signing up to our updates.